Write For Us
Join the community
At Webtips, we publish in-depth tutorials related to web development. We believe in simplicity and that the web is easier to understand than most believe.
We are always looking for great tutorials that help people better understand the world of web technologies. If you have something interesting to share, don’t hesitate to submit a draft using the form below!
Why Should I Contribute?
By publishing with Webtips, you will open your story to a whole new audience. If your submission gets accepted, we will promote your article to get the exposure it deserves. This means we will:
- Promote your article on our social media platforms
- Share your story with our email list and followers
- Great stories could also be featured on our home page
What Should I Write About?
We do not only accept articles strictly related to coding, but we are especially interested in the technical side of things. Do you write about optimization, performance, accessibility, or SEO? Share with us! As long as your content is related to web development, you can submit your work. Here are some inspirations for you to begin.
Some things that we are looking for in your articles:
- Your article must be original and your own.
- Your article should have a compelling title and an optional subtitle. We recommend adding a subtitle for further clarification, but it is not mandatory.
- Your article’s read time should be at least 2 minutes long.
- You should use short sentences and break down your article with subheadings. Also, include images if your article is long and you need in-depth explanations.
- When using images, include a caption that we can use as an alternative text. (use alt tags)
- Try to include code snippets in your article wherever possible.
- If you are citing, please include links throughout your article to the original sources. Statistical statements should also be backed up by trustworthy sources.
- Please don’t include a personal call to action, such as “subscribe to my newsletter” or “buy my course”. If you have outbound links to personal resources that add value, that is completely fine. We provide options for personal links on a dedicated authors page.
How Do I Submit?
You can submit your draft using our submission form below. It's okay if your article is not fully complete on submission, but try to provide as much as possible to make the review process shorter.
We will use your personal information (name, short bio, and profile picture) to set up your author page. If you don't want us to set up your author profile page, just leave the fields blank. If you are a returning author, please also go through the steps below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tired of looking for tutorials?
You are not alone. Webtips has more than 400 tutorials which would take roughly 75 hours to read.